The Sustainable Development Goals
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development encompassing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) was adopted in 2015. It is an agenda of unprecedented scope and significance with a transformative plan of action to shift the world onto a sustainable and resilient path. Never before have world leaders pledged common action across such a broad policy agenda.
As the Agenda 2030 Preamble states, we are in a time of tremendous challenges to sustainable development due to climate change, rising inequality and enormous disparities worldwide. However, there are also immense opportunities to address these challenges, including powerful business cases for the private sector and innovative partnerships between the public, private and NGO/CSO sectors.
However, realizing the SDGs will require a new mindset, a complexity-aware approach and holistic outlook. The SDGs are interconnected, dynamic and complex with interdependent goals and targets. Systems thinking and creativity will be required.
- How do you best facilitate multi-stakeholder partnerships around the SDGs?
- How do you ensure these partnerships are meaningful and productive?
Innovative Design for the SDGs
- How can the SDGs generate new sustainable solutions?
- What new business opportunities may the SDGs offer you?
Measurement, Monitoring and Evaluation
- How will you measure your impact?
- You will you align with existing SDG measurement framework and indicators?
- How will you localize and contextualize the measurement frameworks for the SDGs?
Learning and Adaptation
- How do you develop the learning systems within your organization required for on-going adaptation?
- How do you learn from failures and fail quickly to learn?